C h i n e s e M e d i c i n e B o o k s
Chinese Medicine for Aging Eyes
This book presents the Chinese and Western diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma, cataract, ptosis, macular degeneration, dry eye, floaters, diabetic retinopathy, hypertensive retinopathy and more common eye diseases of seniors along with a wealth of self-care techniques.
For Practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Specialty training using Chinese herbs and acupuncture for the treatment of common eye diseases seen in seniors
- Eye disease from a Western medical viewpoint
- When referral to Western medicine is critical
- When and how to integrate tradition Chinese medicine and Western treatment for best results
- A wealth of self-care methods to share with patients
For Proactive Seniors
- What happens to your eyes as you age
- Supplements and self-massage to slow or halt the progression of eye disease
- Awareness of both the strengths and weaknesses of Western and traditional Chinese medicine in the treatment of eye disease
For Ophthalmologists, Optometrists and Western Medical Practitioners
- Learn how Chinese medicine can help your senior patients in the prevention and treatment of eye disease and how an integrated healing approach can be the most effective.
Full general index, plus herbal formula, differential diagnosis and treatment principles indices.
- Authors: Hoy Ping Yee Chan and Carole Conlon
- ISBN 978-0-9907550-0-5
- Publisher: AyniWrite Press, NM
- Language: English
- 7 x 10"
- 228 pages, black and white
- Soft cover
Also Available from Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
Chinese Ocular Diagnosis and Periocular Acupuncture
This book is intended as an expanded guide to the clinical application of ocular diagnosis and periocular acupuncture. It includes the original information presented in the book Window of Health---Ocular Diagnosis and Periocular Acupuncture, compiled by Hoy Ping Yee Chan, OMD, in 1996 as well as current clinical information on this method from Y. M. Chen, PhD (OM), L.Ac. Ocular Therapy, developed in China over 45 years ago by Dr. Peng Jingshan, utilizes the microsystem which encircles the eyes.
This system of diagnosis and treatment has gained international recognition as a simple and effective means employing acupuncture to assist the entire body in its healing process. Chinese Ocular Diagnosis and Periocular Acupuncture is designed for practicing acupuncturists wanting to expand their therapeutic options.
- Authors: Hoy Ping Yee Chan and Y. M.Chen
- ISBN-10: 0990755010
- ISBN-13: 978-0990755012
- Publisher: AyniWrite Press (February 12, 2015)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 7 x 10", 124 pages, B&W and Color
Available from Amazon.com